The function of the Student Business Services (SBS) and Cashiers Department is to assist students in understanding their student account, loans, and to receive payments. Specifically, SBS provides answers to billing questions, payment options, loan debt entrance & exit counseling, and direct deposit authorization for refunds (available on R'Web).
Access your Dynamic Bill to view your current account activity online. Go to Student Accounts tab and click the "Student Account Online" link in R'Web
The Dynamic Bill includes current account activity charges updated to your student account. Your Historical Statement of Account is a snapshot of your Dynamic Bill from a specific point in time. The historical statement charges includes all fees and applicable tuition, campus housing, other campus charges, credits for payments, waivers, and refunds or direct deposit transfers. Students receiving financial aid must be enrolled before financial aid funds can be electronically disbursed to offset charges on the statement. Payment for the amount due from the student plus any waiver or deferment must equal the amount due on the student account.
Balance due amounts not paid by payment deadlines may result in late fees:
|LATE FEE/PENALTY TYPE||AMOUNT||DEPARTMENT CONTACT||DESCRIPTION|
|Late Payment (Tuition/Fee)||$100.00||Registrar||Penalty for not paying tuition and fees by deadline. Additional penalties may apply. See https://registrar.ucr.edu/tuition-fees/late-fees for details.|
|SBS late fee||$25.00||Student Business Services||Late fee on unpaid non-tuition/housing charges. (i.e. Parking fees, ID Cards, Library charges etc.|
|Deferred Payment Plan (DPP) late fee||$100/$12.50||Student Business Services||DPP late fee assessed for late/missed 1st installment is $100 and thereafter $12.50 per month until paid in full.|
|Housing Charge late fee||$30.00||Housing||Penalty for not paying housing charges by the deadline will receive late fee as specified in the Housing Lease Agreement https://housing.ucr.edu/help-desk/pay-bill.html|
Accepted Payment Types
- Online R'Web using ACH/eCheck (US Savings or Checking account), Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and Western Union (International Funds Transfer).
- Please be advised that there is a non-refundable service fee for credit/debit cards.
- Online payments may be paid on Student Online Account by students or their Authorized users.
- Mailing Address (personal check, bank check or money order):
UCR Main Cashiers Office
900 University Avenue
Student Services Bldg, Rm 1111
Riverside, CA 92521
- In-Person payments (cash, personal check, bank check or money order) at the Main Cashiers Office window by 3:00PM (in person) or 4:00PM in the drop box (check/money order only)
- Payments will NOT be accepted for more than the balance due on the account and may be rejected or returned to payer.
- Checks and money orders should be made payable to "Regents UC". Note your campus ID on all checks and money orders. Check or money orders must be payable in US Dollars and drawn on funds from a US bank. Postmarks are not considered.
- The University cannot accept responsibility for cash payments sent through the mail.
- ACH/eChecks or paper checks returned due to insufficient funds or other reasons will be subject a $20 returned check fee..
- International Students have the option to use Western Union (International Funds Transfer) as alternative method for paying student bills. Western Union transfers may take 2-5 business days to update to your student account after your local bank initiates payment.
Wire transfer through Western Union-International Payment through CashNet for studentsWestern Union-International Payments is to provide international student with an alternative to paying their tuition and fees by wire transfer. Western Business Solutions offer a comparative rate for exchange for processing payments in many international currencies.
- The exchange rate will be held for 72 hours.
- Know exactly how much you are paying in your home currency.
- UC Riverside will receive your fees usually in 2-5 working days.
- No additional charges for using this service are levied by UC Riverside or Western Union Business Solutions.
- Pay all your fees that have been charged on you Student bill.
If you have any questions regarding the bank-to-bank payment transfer with Western Union, you are welcome to contact them directly. Their dedicated Customer Service team will assist you with any of your questions. In addition, someone from their team can also help you through the payment process so you are clear on how it’s done and provide you with all the necessary details to make the process as easy and simple as possible.
The Deferred Payment Plan (DPP) is designed to give students an opportunity to pay fees and tuition over an extended period of time and is only available for Fall, Winter and Spring quarters. There is no interest charged because DPP is not a loan.
Students who are in good financial and academic standing may apply for this assistance. Students may elect to use DPP whether or not they qualify for financial aid. Students who owe the University money or have a history of payment difficulty may be denied DPP.
DPP allows all fees and tuition, to the extent not covered by grants, scholarships, waivers or loans to be paid in three installments each quarter.
**Nonrefundable Processing Fee
A processing fee per quarter for the three-month plan is charged to offset the administrative costs of the plan. If you apply on or before the payment deadline, you will be charged with submission of application. DPP submissions received after the first payment deadline are considered late and will be charged a higher processing fee.
This processing fee is nonrefundable, even if students are denied the plan, later withdraw from the plan or do not attend UCR.
DPP is open through the final fee payment deadline date for the quarter as advertised on the Registrar’s academic calender.
TO ENROLL IN THE DEFERRED PAYMENT PLAN, go to "Student Accounts tab" and click the "Student Account Online" link in R'Web.
Financial Aid Disbursements
All financial aid and graduate/postdoctoral fellowship disbursements (credit balance refunds) are posted on the Student Account Online link in the Student account tab in R'Web.
Refunds will begin to be disbursed on the first day of the quarter, as published in the Academic Calendar. You will be notified of any refund transactions via your UCR e-mail account.
Parent Plus Refunds
Based on the chosen option of the parent loan application, credit balances resulting from a Parent Plus Loan are either sent to the student or the parent. Refunds to the parent will be sent to the address listed on the parent loan application.
Direct Deposit (DD)
- Direct Deposit are processed nightly. It takes 2-3 business days to post to student’s bank account after the deposit has been processed.
- Direct Deposit (eRefunds) account information must be updated in "Student Accounts" tab and click the "Student Account Online" link in R'Web.
- Students who choose not to sign up for direct deposit receive refunds by check sent through U.S. Mail to the current ‘local’ address listed on R'Web in the "Personal Information" tab.
- Refunds checks are generated once a week to your Local Address.
- If the refund check is not received within 10 business days from date listed on Statement of account in R'Web, please refer to the stop check request process.
- Credit card refunds will be credited back to the same credit card used for the original payment. Service fees will not be refunded for the portion overpaid.
ACH/echeck, personal check, money order
- Paper check, eCheck or money order refunds have a processing time of at least 14 days.
You may request that the refund check be stopped and a replacement check be issued once 10 business days have passed. The stop payment process may take up to 10 business days to complete
To request a stop be placed on the refund check, you must email Student Business Services at email@example.com with the following information:
- Your Full Name
- Amount of Refund Check
- Date of Refund Check
- Subject line in email should be: Request SBS to place a stop payment on check
- Include the following acknowledgement in your email: "I am requesting that a stop be placed on my refund check in order for a replacement check to be issued to me."
Student will be required to update the local address on file and sign up for Direct Deposit if applicable.
*NOTE: In the event you receive your refund check after requesting a stop payment, DO NOT cash the check. Call Student Business Services at 951-827-3204.
Direct Deposit is the electronic deposit of funds into an individual bank account. Direct Deposit allows for a secure, fast, and more convenient way to access funds. Direct Deposit may be used for checking and/or savings accounts at any bank or credit union in the United States.
Master Promissory Note/Entrance Counseling is a requirement for all first time student loan/scholarship borrowers at UCR. To determine if you need to complete Entrance Counseling/Master Promissory Note, please answer the following questions:
- Freshmen Students: Are you borrowing a student loan at UCR?
- Continuing Students: Is this the first time you are receiving a specific type of loan (e.g., Direct Stafford, Perkins, or University loan) at UCR?
- Transfer Students: Did you receive loans at other institutions, but is this the first time you are borrowing at UCR?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you MUST complete Entrance Counseling/Master Promissory Note before your loan funds will be disbursed.
If you are taking out a Direct Stafford Loan, a Direct Grad PLUS Loan or a TEACH grant, please click here to complete your Entrance Counseling requirement.
All other loans/scholarships, please click here to complete your Entrance Counseling/Master Promissory Note requirement.
Please note: It may take a minimum of 72 hours for your account to be updated once you have completed your Entrance Counseling/Master Promissory Note requirement.
If you have questions regarding completion of your Entrance Counseling/Master Promissory Note requirement, or you are unable to authenticate, please contact us at the address below:
Student Business Services
Student Services Bldg, HOSS
(Highlander One Stop Shop)
Exit Counseling is a requirement for all student loan/scholarship borrowers who are leaving UCR or are dropping below half-time status.
Students who separated the University prior to May 2017, and have a loan with the exception of the Direct Stafford or Grad PLUS Loan, will need to contact our office directly prior to completing your exit requirement.& SBS staff will verify your hold status and create your exit counseling document for your completion. Send an email to the SBS office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call directly at (951) 827-3204. Please allow up to 48 hours for availability of exit counseling document.
If you received a Direct Stafford Loan, a Direct Grad PLUS Loan or a TEACH grant during your attendance at UCR, please click here to complete your Exit Counseling requirement.
All other loans/scholarships, please click here to complete your Exit Counseling requirement.
Please note: Holds may take a minimum of 72 hours to clear after completing exit requirement.
If you have questions regarding completion of your Exit Counseling requirement, please contact us at the address below:
Student Business Services
Student Services Bldg, HOSS
(Highlander One Stop Shop)
Phone: (951) 827-3204
Heartland ECSI is the campus loan servicer for all institutional loans from the University of California, Riverside. All loans such as a Perkins Federal Loan, institutional loans, and/or repayable scholarships. Heartland ECSI does NOT service Federal Direct Loans.
Heartland ECSI, requires student loan borrowers to register on their website and create a profile. To register and access your account information, take advantage of expanded payment options, and to sign up for electronic statements, follow the instructions below:
Step 1: You will go to https://heartland.ecsi.net.
Step 2: Click the red Register button and create a profile.
Step 3: Connect your account using your Heartland Key visible on your billing statement.
Tips to managing repayment:
- Keep a paper file just for your student loan materials AND keep a folder on your laptop just for your student loan information too. This provides easy reference for yourself.
- If you have a Federal Direct Loan, it will be serviced elsewhere and can be viewed by logging in to www.nslds.ed.gov. If you have a private student loan from a third party, please go to their website to manage those loans.
- Most loans have deferment or forbearance options. If you are having trouble making payments, it is better to reach out to your loan servicer than risk default.
Deferment of Fee request is required for all students who have third-party entities paying for tuition/fees, housing, and/or parking permits on behalf of the student. The form is an agreement between the university and the student accompanied by a payment authorization from the vendor.
For other forms relating to Perkins and Institutional loans, please visit ECSI's website.