University of California, Riverside

Student Business Services

Stop Payment Request

Haven't received your refund check?

You may request that the refund check be stopped and a replacement check be issued once 10 business days have passed. The stop payment process may take up to 10 business days to complete.

To request a stop be placed on the refund check, you must email Student Business Services at with the following information:

  • Your Full Name
  • SID#
  • Amount of Refund Check
  • Date of Refund Check
  • Subject line in email should be: Request SBS to place a stop payment on check
  • Include the following acknowledgement in your email: "I am requesting that a stop be placed on my refund check in order for a replacement check to be issued to me."

*NOTE:  In the event you receive your refund check after requesting a stop payment, DO NOT cash the check. Call Student Business Services at 951-827-3204.

More Information 

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

Contact Information

Student Business Services
900 University Avenue

Tel: (951) 827-3204
Fax: (951) 827-3576

Related Links