University of California, Riverside

Student Business Services

Exit Counseling

Exit Counseling is a requirement for all student loan/scholarship borrowers who are leaving UCR or are dropping below half-time status.

Students who separated the University prior to May 2017, and have a loan with the exception of the Direct Stafford or Grad PLUS Loan, will need to contact our office directly prior to completing your exit requirement.  SBS staff will verify your hold status and create your exit counseling document for your completion.  Send an email to the SBS office at or call directly at (951) 827-3204.  Please allow up to 48 hours for availability of exit counseling document.

If you received a Direct Stafford Loan, a Direct Grad PLUS Loan or a TEACH grant during your attendance at UCR, please click here to complete your Exit Counseling requirement.

All other loans/scholarships, please click here to complete your Exit Counseling requirement.

Please note: Holds may take a minimum of 72 hours to clear after completing exit requirement.

If you have questions regarding completion of your Exit Counseling requirement, please contact us at the address below:

Student Business Services
Student Services Bldg, HOSS
(Highlander One Stop Shop)
Phone: (951) 827-3204

More Information 

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

Contact Information

Student Business Services
900 University Avenue

Tel: (951) 827-3204
Fax: (951) 827-3576

Related Links