University of California, Riverside

Student Business Services

Documents Needed - SSN or ITIN

UCR reports 1098-T Tuition Statement data to the IRS for tax year 2015 in January 2016. If our records indicate that we do not have a valid Social Security (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) on file for you, we must have your SSN or ITIN on file in order to furnish your Form 1098-T. The University is required by federal law to report your SSN and other pertinent info to the Internal Revenue Service pursuant to the reporting requirements imposed by the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997. SSN/ITIN disclosure is mandatory. Failure to Supply UCR with your SSN/ITIN may result in an Internal Revenue Service penalty of up to $100 payable by you.

If you have an SSN, please following the instructions by completing this form and bring it with your SSN card and picture ID to the Highlander One Stop Shop (HOSS) counter.

If you have an ITIN, please bring a copy of your ITIN card or documentation with your ITIN to the Highlander One Stop Shop (HOSS) counter in the Student Services Building.

The Highlander One Stop Shop (HOSS) counter is located on the first floor of the Student Services Building and is open Monday through Friday 9:00AM-4:00PM. The deadline for submission is December 17, 2015.

If you are an International VISA student, you may not be eligible for a SSN or ITIN. Please contact International Services at 951-827-4113 if you are unsure of your eligibility.

If you have any questions, please contact our office at the phone number or email address listed below.

Student Business Services
Phone: 951.827.3204

More Information 

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

Contact Information

Student Business Services
900 University Avenue

Tel: (951) 827-3204
Fax: (951) 827-3576

Related Links